X Factor Kelly 'in LA for business'
Published 25/10/2011 | 11:12
Kelly Rowland's representatives have played down claims that the X Factor judge has fled after clashes with her show colleagues.
The former Destiny's Child star has jetted back to Los Angeles for "business" but will return to guide her acts on Thursday.
Her spokeswoman said the trip had been in her diary for a long time.
It follows a report that she had "flounced" back to the US after falling out with fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos.
Kelly's spokeswoman said that, despite heading home for a few days, she would remain in "constant contact" with her acts, Misha Bryan, Sophie Habibis and Janet Devlin.
"She is in LA for business and is only there for three days. She will be coming back on Thursday to see the girls," said the spokeswoman.
"She is not missing anything and will be in constant contact with the contestants by Skype and talking to them every day, and she is being sent MP3s of the songs. This has been in her diary for a long time."
A spokeswoman for The X Factor said she could not comment.
Meanwhile ousted contestant Sami Brookes has said her mentor, Louis Walsh, should make way for a new judge.
The 31-year-old singer, from Rhyl in North Wales, spoke out after Louis , the only remaining judge from the earlier series, sealed her fate with the deciding vote at the weekend.