Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Zara Holland to make Love Island return?

Published 23/06/2016

Former Love Island contestant Jon Clark has called for Zara Holland to return to this year's series of the show.

Zara Holland has hinted she might be making a return to Love Island, after tweeting that her mother is "much better".

The 20-year-old beauty left the villa in Marjorca where the ITV2 show is filmed over the weekend, after learning her mum was ill in hospital.

At the time of her departure, show bosses said the door would be left open for her return if and when she wanted.

And after taking to Twitter on Wednesday night (22Jun16) to update fans on her mother's health, fans have begun to speculate that a comeback might be in Zara's future.

"Can't thank you all enough for your continued support, I am overwhelmed. My mum is much better, thank you all for asking about her," Zara wrote.

Her followers were quick to encourage her to consider a return to the villa, with one writing: "Now your mum is getting better, any chance of you going back to the villa? We need you to find your Prince Charming."

Another person keen to see Zara give the show another go is The Only Way Is Essex star Jon Clark, who appeared on last year's series.

"She's a genuine girl bless her and I'd like to see her go back in," Jon told The Sun newspaper. "I think she'd have a really good chance of winning it.

"The most important thing is that her mum is okay but also I am keeping my fingers crossed that she goes back."

Zara's appearance on the programme has been marred with controversy. After she slept with new boy Alex Bowen less than 24 hours after he entered the villa, Zara was stripped of her Miss Great Britain title. While the organisation said they couldn't continue to promote her as a positive role model, Zara insisted she had done nothing wrong and was "in the moment" with Alex.

© Cover Media

Online Editors

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph