Zeta-Jones and Douglas reconcile?
Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas have reportedly decided to give their marriage another chance.
The actress is apparently thrilled after the couple decided to give their marriage another chance. Catherine has lived apart from Michael over the summer, but the actor is now believed to be back in the New York home he shares with his wife and their two kids.
“Michael’s asked Catherine to give things another try and she’s agreed. It’s not just for the sake of the children," a source told British newspaper The Sun.
“When they’re good they’re amazing together, so they’re hammering out their issues at their home. It’s good news and Catherine is on top of the world.”
In August the stars, who have been married for 13 years, confirmed they were on a trial separation.
However, Michael was adamant that divorce wasn't on the cards for him and the Chicago star.
“Catherine is great. She is doing wonderful, talked to her today [and] just got a lovely note from her. I’m very hopeful that we’re going to work things out," he said at the Emmy Awards last month. “As I said we’re just taking a break, a couple issues, sometimes you gotta do that."
Catherine, 44, sparked reconciliation rumours over the weekend. She turned heads as she attended a New York charity gala in an embellished silver gown - and her wedding ring.
The couple are reported to have celebrated their joint birthday, September 25, at a steakhouse restaurant last week.
Numerous rumours have surfaced blaming different causes for Michael and Catherine's separation.
Michael’s confession that sexually-transmitted disease HPV may have caused his throat cancer, as well as both sides' health problems, were viewed as possible reasons for the tensions.
© Cover Media