24 May 2006
"The housekeeper, a lovely woman, says to me: 'Mr Cairns, who is this man?' I say to her: 'That is John DeLorean, the car-maker. She looks at me and says: 'Mr Cairns, he is a conman.' She had him in one"
Most Read in this section
- On the runs: Second letter sent by mistake - claims Ulster Unionist MLA Danny Kinahan
- Daughter's shock at how UDA dad died
- Andy Albury: Australia's 'Hannibal Lecter' allegedly confesses to 14 Outback murders
- Nelson Mandela memorial - We will never see his like again, says US President Barack Obama
- Family in final goodbye as tragic toddler Caide Hamill is laid to rest
- The Rev DR Ronald Savage outside his Stormont Presbyterian Church GERARD SMYTH
- George Legge and (right) with Anastasia Legge and Ashleigh Kirkwood
- Enjoying their graduation at Coleraine are (from left) Alison McElroy, Newtownards, David Foster, Antrim, and Orla McGuinness from Londonderry, who received their BSc (Hons) Environmental Science degrees yesterday MARTIN McKEOWN
- A Little goes a long way
- Death car driver 'must get maximum prison term'
Plane aborts takeoff after crashing into fish
Crufts Live: Video and pics world's greatest dog show
Human Barbie wants to live on air and light alone
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
Northern Ireland Nightlife - pubs, clubs and parties 2014
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Best-in-Show glory for poodle Ricky
A poodle named Ricky has landed the world's most prestigious dog show prize after being judged this year's Best-in-Show at Crufts.
Labour extends job guarantee plan
Labour's flagship jobs guarantee would be in place throughout the next Parliament, paid for by a bank bonus tax and a squeeze on high-earners' pension pots, the party said.
GDP 'to reach 2008 level in summer'
The UK economy will exceed its pre-recession peak by the summer, according to upgraded forecasts from a leading business lobby group today.
Schmidt: We can break Paris hoodoo
Sports psychologist Enda McNulty can help Ireland belie the weight of history and shrug off "superstition" to claim the RBS 6 Nations title in Paris on Saturday, according to Joe Schmidt.
Intermediate Cup: Armagh happy to be the underdogs
Armagh City manager Marty Rice believes his side will be the one everybody wants to meet when it comes to the draw for the Intermediate Cup semi-final.
Latest tables and results, March 9
For all the latest tables and results:
Top stars snapped in Oxfam campaign
Celebrities including singer Nicole Scherzinger and actor Simon Pegg have been snapped by top photographer Rankin for an Oxfam campaign.
Price 'worst travel companion' new
Glamour girl Katie Price has been named the least desirable holiday companion.
Ray Quinn wins final Dancing on Ice
Former X Factor contestant Ray Quinn has been crowned the last-ever champion of ITV's Dancing on Ice.