24 May 2006
"The housekeeper, a lovely woman, says to me: 'Mr Cairns, who is this man?' I say to her: 'That is John DeLorean, the car-maker. She looks at me and says: 'Mr Cairns, he is a conman.' She had him in one"
Most Read in this section
- Nelson Mandela memorial - We will never see his like again, says US President Barack Obama
- Ministers announce appointment of the Victims and Survivors Service Board
- UNIVERSITY OF ULSTER AT JORDANSTOWN GRADUATION MORNING CEREMONY
- Jamie felt 'second-rate' to former lover Keira
- Smithwick Tribunal: Long-awaited report into Garda collusion allegations handed to Irish Parliament
- Eugenia Grant, who graduated with a LLB in law from Queen's, is pictured with her father Eugene Grant, QC who graduated 32 years ago GERARD SMYTH
- Verbal warning for charity boss
- The truth about food fraud
- In Pictures: Tens of thousands of anti-government demonstrators march in Kiev
- Kingsmill: Thirty years on
Queen's Winter Graduations
This year's university winter graduations
Cow passenger in Citroen Xsara
Nelson Mandela: life and times
Key moments in life of former president
Christmas parties 2013
Irish dad forced to take dead baby in taxi for autopsy
Prouvost wins Turner Prize
Laure Prouvost named winner in Derry
Top 10 Xmas gifts for teens
Victoria's Secret opens first shop on island of Ireland
Help babies like little Joe
Help save lives of babies around the world
Christmas lights in Belfast
Lights on and market opens in city
PlayStation PS4 v Xbox One
Comparing Sony and Microsoft's latest consoles
Lord Myners to join Co-op board new
Former Treasury Minister Lord Myners has been appointed to the board of The Co-operative Group and will head up its review into how the troubled business is run.
Mandela interpreter 'hallucinating' new
The man accused of faking sign interpretation next to world leaders at Nelson Mandela's memorial has told a local newspaper that he was hallucinating and hearing voices.
RAF delivers gear to French troops new
The Royal Air Force has delivered military equipment to French forces in the troubled capital of the Central African Republic, the Ministry of Defence has said.
Fans hit out at name change plans new
The fans group opposed to a name change for Hull City has accused club owner Assem Allam of bringing forward his plans and not consulting supporters.
WRU hopeful clubs will commit
Welsh rugby administrators are still hopeful their regional club sides will commit their future to the RaboDirect Pro12.
Moore plans to stay put at Leinster
Martin Moore is ready to disappoint a host of English and French clubs and commit his future to home province Leinster.
Carr and Norton comedy award rivals
Alan Carr and Graham Norton will battle it out to be named Britain's King of Comedy at an awards ceremony tonight.
Smith wins Critics' Choice award
Sam Smith has landed a Brit Award after being named the winner of the Critics' Choice prize for next year's ceremony.
Lewis makes apology to McKellen
Homeland actor Damian Lewis has apologised to Lord Of The Rings star Sir Ian McKellen after saying he did not want to end up a "fruity actor" who is known for playing wizards.