January 28 2009
Most Read in this section
- Remembering the John Lennon who showed up for a fight
- 20 fantastic fairy tale facts
- Widow: I don't regret year of sex with 27 men
- Adrian McKinty: Ulster thriller writer storming bestseller charts
- Exploring Ireland's connection with Celtic Football Club
- Live: Book Break - A new online book show series
- Danny Wallace: The Yes Man
- Exorcism: Why does the Catholic church still try to drive out demons?
- Video: Jennifer Saunders’ memoir BONKERS: My Life in Laughs
- Eamon de Valera 'was a British spy'
Plane aborts takeoff after crashing into fish
Crufts Live: Video and pics world's greatest dog show
Human Barbie wants to live on air and light alone
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
Northern Ireland Nightlife - pubs, clubs and parties 2014
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Latest Food and Drink News
Vatican City residents drink more wine than anywhere else in the world
More wine is drunk per person in the Vatican City than in any other country in the world, according to the latest statistics released by the Wine Institute.
Scientists develop GM potato that's immune to Irish famine fungus, late blight
A potato genetically modified to resist the fungus which caused the devastating Irish potato famine of 1845 has been developed by British scientists.
Relatively Speaking: Noel McMeel
How to... Cook the perfect Ulster Fry
It’s the meal that made Ulster. The traditional fry up that set up millions for a day of hard work or play.
Latest Motoring News
Northern Ireland's best-selling news cars 2014 - there are no Top Gear speed monsters in this list
Sales of new cars in Northern Ireland are being driven in the right direction as motorists feel more confident about their finances.
20 mph speed limit demanded ... but it could cost us £24m just for the road signage
An Assembly member whose brother and sister-in-law were killed by a drunk driver wants legislation for a speed limit of 20mph to be introduced for residential areas.
Kia Pro_Cee'd: A hot hatch with scintillating performance
Thanks to some astute marketing and a very strong range of vehicles, the good folk at Kia have written one of the biggest success stories in today’s motor industry.
SEAT Leon FR: Affordable high performance
I didn’t get to drive my sleek little SEAT Leon FR test car very much – my girlfriend fell instantly in love with it and took control of the key at every opportunity.