The 10 Best Foundations
1. Hello Flawless in Beige: £24.50, Benefit, benefitcosmetics.co.uk - Benefit's compact comes with a sponge for building heavier coverage, while using the brush will achieve a more sheer finish.
2. Diorskin Airflash in 300 medium beige: £33, Dior, available nationwide - This innovative product is easy to get to grips with. Lightly spray on to your face from 20cm and you will get a velvety soft finish.
3. Photo Ready in Natural Beige 005: £12.99, Revlon, available nationwide - Thick but easy to blend, this provides even coverage with a slightly dewy finish. Oil-free.
4. Creamy Foundation in 103: £35, RMK, lookfantastic.com - Japanese brand RMK has a growing fan base due to yellow base tones in even the palest shades. It goes on like silk and makes your skin glow, covering imperfections.
5. Select SPF 15 in NC37: £19.50, MAC, maccosmetics.co.uk - The yellow tones in this are more flattering than those on the pink spectrum. If your olive skin tends towards sallow, this will brighten it.
6. Sheer Matte Foundation in Medium 3: £29.50, NARS, narscosmetics.co.uk - This is great for combination skin prone to blackheads, with a sheer finish that stays matte all day.
7. Perfect refining foundation in 20, Natural Light Ochre: £34, Shiseido, 0207 313 4774 - Gradually releasing hydration, this product melds seamlessly with skin, thanks to a less viscous oil than in most products.
8. Amethyst & Pure Minerals gemstone foundation in 4: £17.90, Rituals, rituals.com - Whether or not the gemstone extracts are the reason, it's undeniable that this heavyweight formula gives great coverage.
9. Vitalumière Satin in 40 Beige: £33, Chanel, 020 7493 3836 - A very liquid formulation containing moisturisers,making it ideal for those with drier skin. Light-reflecting particles soften fine lines.
10. The Eraser in 021 Nude: £9.90, Maybelline, available nationwide - The soft microfibres ensure this product goes on without dragging, pushing into fine lines and pores for a soft-focus finish.
Choosing the right shade is just the start: from velvet softness to a dewy glow, there’s a whole host of formulas to help you create a flawless base
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? email@example.com
comments powered by Livefyre.
Most Read in this section