Why bright colours are nailed-on this summer
Time to let your talons do the talking with the best and prettiest polishes. Katie Wright charts spring's top 10
The spring/summer nail polish collections have hit the beauty counters and one thing's for sure - it's all about colour.
Forget last season's nudes and noirs, right now punchy hues and sugary pastels are the perfect partners for the catwalk trends that are making waves on the high street too.
Loving Cuban ruffles and tropical frocks? You'll want a juicy yellow to set them off.
Rocking the deconstructed shirting look? An ivory shade is what you're after.
And the colour of the season, pink, is represented on both sides of the spectrum, from raspberry to sugared almond.
From pale to eye-popping, these are our top polish picks:
● Mavala Lilac Orchid Nail Polish, £4.95 (NailPolishDirect.co.uk)
● Iz Beauty Wild Sage Gel Effect Nail Polish, £6 (www.izbeauty.co.uk).
● Essie Gel Couture Bridal Collection 'Lace to the Alter' by Monique Lhuillier, £9.99 Boots (www.boots.com).
● Ciate Gelology Part Time Mermaid, £12 (available May; www.ciatelondon.com).
● Orly 'Head in the Clouds' Nail Lacquer, £7.95 (NailPolishDirect.co.uk).
● Leighton Denny 'Nothing But Sand', £12 (www.leightondennyexpertnails.com).
● Diego Dalla Palma Bleu Canard Nail Polish, £10, Marks and Spencer (available May; www.marksandspencer.com).
● Rimmel Super Gel Nail Polish Coral Queen, £5.99, Superdrug (available later this month; www.superdrug.com).
● Morgan Taylor Nail Lacquer 'One Tough Princess', £10.99 (SallyExpress.com).
● House of Holland by Elegant Touch Foil Fade Nails, £8.99 (Asos.com).