Father's Days gifts: This year give dad a scent of something that he really wants
Time to pamper your pops on Father's Day this Sunday. Katie Wright sniffs out the smart smellies guaranteed to raise a smile
As sales of men's cosmetics continue to soar, it's clear what dads really want this Father's Day probably isn't another pair of comedy socks and six-pack of beer - so treat your pa to one of the latest offerings from the brands putting me-time for men on the map.
From luxe new colognes to cute gift collections, these are the gifts that will delight on Sunday (June 19).
Take the shortcut to present perfection with ready-made sets.
The Perfume Society has launched its first ever discovery box for men: featuring 13 fragrance minis and a few skincare samples too, it's ideal for the man who's searching for his new signature scent.
Clinique's Great Skin for Him quartet has everything dad needs to achieve complexion perfection, while FeelUnique have a box - specially curated for Father's Day - featuring an edit of the site's best skin and hair brands for boys, worth £60.
- The Perfume Society The Scent of a Man Discovery Box, £19 (www.perfumesociety.org)
- Clinique for Men Great Skin For Him, £30, House of Fraser (in stores only; www.houseoffraser.co.uk)
- FeelUnique Men's Essentials Beauty Box, £25 (www.feelunique.com)
- L'Occitane Deluxe L'Occitan Collection, £120 (www.loccitane.com)
Right on cue, there's a host of sophisticated new scents to choose from.
The UK's most beloved dad has just unveiled a new addition to his bestselling fragrance collection: Aqua Classic by David Beckham combines sage, cardamom and vetiver to create a fresh blend perfectly suited to summer.
L'Homme Ultime, the latest juice from YSL, has a masculine, woody heart subtly undercut by damask rose, while Van Cleef and Arpels' suede-infused Moonlight Patchouli is as warm and enveloping as a bear hug.
- David Beckham Aqua Classic, currently reduced to £12 from £20, Superdrug (www.superdrug.com)
- Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime, £55 (www.yslbeauty.co.uk)
- Van Cleef and Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Moonlight Patchouli, £126 for 75ml, Harrods (www.harrods.com)
If your main man has given up shaving in favour of the latest follicular fashion, he'll need some new lotions and potions to maintain his beardy beauty.
- Captain Fawcett Booze & Baccy Beard Oil, £34, Harvey Nicholls (www.harveynichols.com)
- Percy Nobleman Beard Grooming Kit, currently reduced from £26.99 to £17.99, Boots (www.boots.com)
- Jack Black Beard Grooming Kit, £27.50 (Mankind.co.uk).