Bedding down for the night is vital to our wellbeing, so it’s important to get a comfortable bed.
And there has never been a bigger choice of mattresses to choose from... and new to the market is Octaspring which, it is claimed, ‘takes sleeping to a new level of comfort’.
The new technology is said to marry the best features of traditional steel springs and memory foam.
Each Octaspring has a revolutionary eight-sided honeycomb design which allows movement in every direction while providing support, comfort and ventilation.
Dormeo Octaspring is offering a 60-night home trial as well as a 20-year guarantee (www.octaspring.co.uk for a mattress guide).
Meanwhile, here are some top tips to ensure you get your quota of zeds every night:
- your bedroom should be dark, quiet and cool
- clear your bedroom of clutter and technology, including mobile phones and TVs
- open your windows to let your bedroom breathe and fill with fresh air
- make yourself a milky drink before bed. This will release the sleep-inducing amino acid tryptophan into the body, which will aid rest
- follow the old wives’ tale ‘an hour of sleep before midnight is worth two hours thereafter’. And it’s worth it, as a good night’s sleep is said to help you have more energy, maintain a healthy weight, improve work performance, prevent chronic illness and reduce your risk of accidents... as well as waking up refreshed of course!
Finally, don’t forget to bring some gorgeous spring freshness to the boudoir with gorgeous grown-up style from M&S and lovely accessories courtesy of Vertbaudet for a fairtytale bedroom for the youngsters.