The ten best bean bags
1. KNITTED: Looking for a cosy bag that doesn't compromise in the style stakes? Check out this extra-large, low-lying number which is part of the M&S traveller range and is made from a chunky-knit wool. £59, marksandspencer.com
2. COASTAL STRIPE: Although this linen and cotton bag is supposed to have been inspired by the houses on the New England coast, it could just as easily be channelling a pair of pyjamas. Either way, we love it. £70, johnlewis.com
3. MONGOLIAN JUMBO The apotheosis of bean-bag luxury (and with a price-tag to match), it's like being cuddled by a woolly mammoth. £595, rucomfybeanbags.co.uk
4. 3D MULTI-FLOWER: If bold, feminine style is your thing, you'll love this vintage-look bag which is mottled with large fabric flowers. Word of warning: it's packed with beans, so isn't the softest of bags. £145, marksandspencer.com
5. MARIMEKKO UNIKKO BLUE: Scandinavian fashion icon Marimekko's colourful lazy-boy bean bag is just the thing for children's bedrooms or for brightening up your home office. It's practical, too, with a special PVC coating that can be wiped clean. £219, allupandon.co.uk
6. COUNTRYSIDE CHILDREN: Put the finishing touches to your toddler's or tween's bed or playroom with this cutesy bean bag, which is decorated with cartoon scenes of country life. £45, kidsrooms.co.uk
7. LOLL STRUCTURED: Scandinavian designer Gronlund has gone all out with this long and thin bag which has internal struts so it doesn't collapse to nothing when you sprawl out on it. Available in turquoise, lime green and violet. £495, heals.co.uk
8. HI BAGZ GAMER: How's this for a teenager's dream? A beanbag chair which has been ergonomically designed to be super-comfy for computer gamers. Choose between red, black and blue. £39, amazon.co.uk
9. NATURAL SUEDETTE: Squidgy, squashy and totally cuddly, this suedette bean bag from Next is just the thing to fall into after a long, hard day at the office or a trying day at school. And, as it comes in neutral cream, it won't look out of place whatever your room's colour scheme. £35, next.co.uk
10. LEXA JUNGLE HIPPO: You'd have to be pretty hard-hearted not to fall for this hippo bean bag from Lexa, which has internal support struts helping it mould to your body and preventing it from caving in when you flop down on it. Complete the look with other products from the Lexa jungle range. £ 55, houseoffraser.co.uk
Ready to drop? Kick back, relax and collapse on one of these comfy additions to your living room...
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? email@example.com
comments powered by Livefyre.
Most Read in this section