The ten best interiors books
1. JAPANESE INTERIOR DESIGN BY MICHELLE GALINDO: Japanese design doesn't begin and end with sterile minimalism. Here you'll find a stunning showcase of the 50 best Eastern design trends and an easy-to-follow entrée into the thinking that lies behind them. £39.95, braun-publishing.ch
2. CONTEMPORARY APARTMENTS BY WIM PAUWELS: The bijou flat is the symbol of modern urban living. Here you can see some of the most thrilling apartment designs of the past three decades. £50, betaplus.com
3. CREATIVES' HOMES BY NATHALIE TAVERNE AND ANNA LAMBERT: This book takes us on a tour of the houses of designers and artists the world over. £13, lannoo.be
4. LOUIS VUITTON: ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIORS BY FREDERIC EDELMANN: A look at the stores and commercial spaces commissioned by the French luxury-goods firm over its 157-year history. Hits the shelves next week. £54, rizzoliusa.com
5. TOOLS FOR LIVING BY CHARLOTTE AND PETER FIELL: Practicality and prettiness can go hand in hand - that's the mantra of design experts Charlotte and Peter Fiell. Here they take a look at those iconic bits of homes design which we often use but seldom appreciate. £29.95, fiell.com
6. ROBIN & LUCIENNE DAY BY LESLEY JACKSON: Few people influenced post-war home design in Britain like Robin and Lucienne Day. From individual chairs to wallpaper, ceramics and whole houses - you name it, they designed it. Lesley Jackson takes us on a tour of their body of work. £25, octopusbooks.co.uk
7. SIMPLY IMPERFECT BY ROBYN GRIGGS LAWRENCE: Never heard of the Japanese design philosophy wabi-sabi? Well,read up on the naturalistic decor style, which favours ruffled weather-worn designs, here. £15, newsociety.com
8. DECORATE BY HOLLY BECKER: An essential tool for all budding designers, Becker's book has more than 1,000 ideas ranging from where to place your furniture to how to paint your walls. £30, aurumpress.co.uk
9. NEW NATURAL HOME BY DOMINIC BRADBURY: A practical book which anyone keen to design or furnish a house in an eco-conscious way should own. As well as useful information, it's packed full of stunning pictures. £19.95, thamesandhudson.com
10. LIVING MODERN BY PHYLLIS RICHARDSON: This 350-page tome is pretty much the ultimate resource for anyone interested in contemporary design and living - read it and be inspired. £24.95, thamesandhudson.com
Find inspiration from these essential publications on how to put your house in order...
>>Click on the image on the right to launch the gallery
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? firstname.lastname@example.org
comments powered by Livefyre.
Most Read in this section