Cod and Chorizo Chowder from the Little Pink Kitchen
Why not try something different for dinner this week with a warming and tasty pot of Cod & Chorizo Chowder?
Making a chowder might sound difficult but it’s really very simple and can be whipped up in under half an hour using Sarah’s fool-proof recipe, some fresh fish and some store cupboard staples.
- 50g butter
- 1 onion
- 100g chorizo
- 1 large potato
- 500ml chicken stock
- 250g cod
- Small tin of sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Bunch of spring onions
- Melt butter in pan.
- Chop onion finely and add to the melted butter.
- Chop up chorizo into small cubes and add to pan, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Chop potato into small cubes and add to pan along with 500ml of chicken stuck.
- Place the cod on top of chowder, cover with a lid and allow to poach for 15 minutes.
- Drain the sweetcorn and stir into the chowder, breaking up the cod to distribute evenly.
- Add double cream and give a final stir.
- Serve garnished with chopped spring onion.