Delicious Dessert: Raspberry & Lemon Pavlova from the Little Pink Kitchen
There’s nothing to beat a slice of pavlova to round off a great meal and, despite appearances to the contrary, it couldn’t be easier to whip up this delicious pudd.
Crunchy, chewy, soft and delicious; topped with a lemon curd cream and fresh raspberries, this recipe from the Little Pink Kitchen will help you master a new take on a classic.
- 4 large eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp corn-flour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
Make your base
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Separate your eggs, discarding the yolks.
- Whisk egg whites until they are glossy and white, forming stiff peaks.
- Add one teaspoon of white wine vinegar and one teaspoon of corn flour to egg whites.
- Return egg whites to the mixer, setting at a low speed whilst adding caster sugar one tablespoon at a time. When the sugar has combined the mixture will look glossy and creamy and should still hold its shape.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and top with your egg whites, shaping them into a circle approx. 9 inches in diameter, creating a shallow “well” in the centre.
- Bake in the oven for one hour.
- When one hour has elapsed, switch off the oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool completely. This help to avoid cracks on the surface of the meringue.
Assemble your pavlova
- Beat lemon curd into double cream, whisking together until the cream forms soft peaks.
- When the base has fully cooled, top with the lemon curd cream and your fresh raspberries.
Feel free to experiment with toppings; stay classic with strawberry and kiwi fruit, or experiment with exotic passionfruit and mango. Be sure to share your results on the Bel Tel Facebook or Twitter pages!