Fresh Spring Flavours: Asian Steak Salad from The Little Pink Kitchen
Packed with sunshine flavours and offering a healthy new take on steak, you'll be full of the joys of Spring when you tuck in!
What do you get when you combine succulent local steak with tasty mangoes, lime, avocados, chilli and coriander? It's the Little Pink Kitchen's fresh and healthy Asian Steak Salad!
- Red Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- Bunch of spring onions
- Bag of rocket
- 1 red chilli
- 2 sirloin steaks (8-10 ounces)
- Soy sauce
- Olive Oil
- Fresh coriander
Preparing the steaks
- Season sirloin steaks with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce each and leave to marinade.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a medium-high heat.
- Chop the peppers into bite size pieces and slice the whole bunch of spring onions in half.
- Cook the peppers and spring onions for 6-8 minutes until the flesh is softened and the skins are browning. Remove from the pan and place to one side while pan reheats.
- Cook your sirloin to taste on the pan: For medium rare you’ll need 2 minutes each side. When cooked to your liking remove from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes.
Preparing the dressing
- Juice 1 lime.
- Combine with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 finely chopped red chilli.
- Whisk together
Assemble your salad
- Add peppers and spring onions to serving dish.
- Cube your mango and add to the salad.
- Top with rocket.
- Slice steak finely and lay on top.
- Top with cubed avocado and fresh chopped coriander.
- Top with you Asian soy, honey and chilli dressing.
Perfect to serve as a lunch or dinner with fresh crusty bread.