Perfect, easy pancake recipe from the Little Pink Kitchen with Sarah Patterson
Pancake Tuesday is on its way and our new food vlogger Sarah Patterson of The Little Pink Kitchen is cooking up some flippin’ great recipes.
Let us show you how to make the fluffiest pancakes and then adorn them with delicious hot caramelised apples or tasty bacon with maple syrup.
To make Sarah’s super simple pancakes:
· 1 cup self-raising flour
· 1 cup full fat milk
· 1 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Place 1 cup of self-raising flour in a baking bowl, adding 1 egg and 1 cup of milk
2. If you are making a sweet pancake recipe, add 1 tsp of vanilla essence
3. Whisk until the mixture is free of lumps and there are some bubbles appearing on top
4. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a serving spoon of mixture for each pancake
5. When bubbles appear on top of the pancake and the edges start to dry up, turn the pancake and cook until golden brown
For a sweet treat, why not try Sarah’s caramelised apples?
· 50g butter
· 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
· 1 chopped eating apple
· Crème fraiche to serve
1. Melt butter in frying pan over a medium heat
2. Add brown sugar and stir to combine, allowing the sugar to melt into the butter
3. Peel and slice an apple, adding it to the sugar mixture
4. Stir to combine and cook for 4-5 minutes
5. Add the caramelised apples to your pancakes, serving with a dollop of crème fraiche
Whether you decide to make Sarah’s Pancake Day recipes or have a special recipe all of your own, we’d love to see your family’s pancake attempts! Share your pictures with us on Twitter @BelTel or on the Belfast Telegraph Facebook #littlepinkkitchen