Simple Easter Dinner: Creamy Garlic Chicken with Roasted Broccoli & Mash
Looking for ideas for a tasty Easter dinner that all the family will love? Sarah from the Little Pink Kitchen has the answer!
Simply serve up this creamy garlic chicken with some spuds to impress all ages and even the fussiest diners. Why not spruce up your broccoli by roasting it for a fresh new take on greens?
- Pack of chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- Whole bulb of fresh garlic
- 300ml white wine
- 50ml double cream
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat 2 – 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan.
- Season chicken with the salt and pepper and add to oil skin side down for 3 – 4 minutes until brown then remove from pan.
- Remove garlic skin and break into cloves.
- Place chicken back in pan, with brown skin upwards and tuck in garlic cloves.
- Add 150ml white wine to chicken and garlic, cover with lid and place in oven for 40mins at 180 degrees Celsius until juices run clear and chicken full cooked.
- Bring pan back to the stove, turning up the heat and remove chicken.
- Add another 150ml white wine to the sauce and bring to boil stirring and pressing down on garlic to release the flavour.
- Let sauce simmer for 3 – 4 minutes before adding 50ml double cream.
- Place chicken back in pan with sauce.
- Serve with mash and roasted broccoli.
- 1 whole head of broccoli
- Olive oil
- Cut broccoli into florets and place on a roasting tray.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over broccoli and season with salt.
- Mix together using hands to make sure broccoli fully coated.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Your veg is now ready to serve alongside your Creamy Garlic Chicken!