Midweek Meals Made Easy with Lidl: Cherry Tomato & Pork Mince Lasagne
As the nights get cooler, this yummy lasagne dish will become a new comfort food classic in your house.
Back to school means a return to the routine of busy days, extracurricular activities and wails of 'how long till dinner?' come 6pm. But there's no need to get stressed out in the kitchen, or, worse still, to make the same thing for dinner over and over again in panic.
Instead, stock up on some handy store cupboard staples from Lidl with your fantastic “£5 Off” Back to School voucher (available on Saturday 22 and 29 August in the Belfast Telegraph), and try these delicious, family-friendly recipes from Ian Orr to get the new school year off to a great start. Simply pick up a few items for the cupboards while you're buying your usual fresh produce, sketch out a quick meal plan and then breathe easy all week!
Cherry Tomato & Pork Mince Lasagne
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 500g pork mince
- Primadonna olive oil
- 1 tin Freshona tinned tomatoes
- 3 tsp tomato purée
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 300g Combino dried lasagne sheets
- Small handful of basil
- 150g Rathdaragh grated cheddar cheese
- 300g Greek style yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Gently fry the mince until nicely browned and season with salt and pepper. Add the diced onions and garlic and cook for around 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the tomato purée to the mince and cook for 30 mins on a low heat, tearing the basil leaves into the pan at the end.
- Next mix the egg, Greek yogurt and cheddar cheese together for a quick and easy cheese sauce.
- To make the lasagne, build layers of mince, lasagne sheet and cheese sauce on top of each other, finishing with a layer of the cheese sauce. Bake for 30 minutes until the topping is nicely golden, and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Comfort food made easy!