Midweek Meals Made Easy with Lidl: Easy Popcorn Chicken
A surprisingly healthy treat that the whole family will love, this recipe would be great for a fun Friday night dinner!
Back to school means a return to the routine of busy days, extracurricular activities and wails of 'how long till dinner?' come 6pm. But there's no need to get stressed out in the kitchen, or, worse still, to make the same thing for dinner over and over again in panic.
Instead, stock up on some handy store cupboard staples from Lidl with your fantastic “£5 Off” Back to School voucher (available on Saturday 22 and 29 August in the Belfast Telegraph), and try these delicious, family-friendly recipes from Ian Orr to get the new school year off to a great start. Simply pick up a few items for the cupboards while you're buying your usual fresh produce, sketch out a quick meal plan and then breathe easy all week!
Easy Popcorn Chicken
Prep & Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 1 packet Bally Manor chicken mini fillets
- 30g salted popcorn
- 100g Connell Bakery breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 50g Belbake plain flour
- 1tsp Kania paprika
- 4tbsp Vita D’Or vegetable oil
- Put the popcorn in a blender, add the breadcrumbs and blend until finely chopped.
- Now season the chicken mini fillets with the paprika, salt and pepper. Dip the seasoned chicken into the flour, then the egg, and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
Fry the chicken pieces in the oil until they’re golden brown, crispy and fully cooked through, turning the pieces once or twice.
TOP TIP: Serve with potato wedges, a fresh salad and some Vita D’Or Chilli Mayonnaise, and tuck in!
Belfast Telegraph Digital