Midweek Meals Made Easy with Lidl: Homemade Sausage Rolls
Great for lunch or dinner, these homemade sausage rolls make for a fantastic meal with some side salads and a couple of dipping sauces. Yum!
Back to school means a return to the routine of busy days, extracurricular activities and wails of 'how long till dinner?' come 6pm. But there's no need to get stressed out in the kitchen, or, worse still, to make the same thing for dinner over and over again in panic.
Instead, stock up on some handy store cupboard staples from Lidl with your fantastic “£5 Off” Back to School voucher (available on Saturday 22 and 29 August in the Belfast Telegraph), and try these delicious, family-friendly recipes from Ian Orr to get the new school year off to a great start. Simply pick up a few items for the cupboards while you're buying your usual fresh produce, sketch out a quick meal plan and then breathe easy all week!
Homemade Sausage Rolls
Prep & Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 500g pork mince
- Handful of parsley, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 packet of Belbake puff pastry
- Black pepper
- First mix the pork mince, diced parsley, garlic and breadcrumbs together, and then season with black pepper.
- Now roll the meat mixture into a long thin sausage.
- Cut the pastry into small equal-sized rectangles, topping half of the pastry pieces with a spoonful of the meat mixture. Then press the remaining pastry pieces on top of the meat mix and press the edges together.
- Seal the edges tightly and brush all over with egg.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake for 25 mins, or until golden brown and fully cooked through.