January 28 2009
- Knox acquittal 'full of mistakes'
- Apology over memorial removal order
- Obama assassination bid fears - aircraft carriers on standby off Irish coast during G8 summit
- In Pictures: The G8 summit in Northern Ireland
- Body found in search for missing Ballyclare man
- Michelle Obama and girls meet Bono's family in Irish pub
- 'The world has seen the new Northern Ireland', says David Cameron at the end of a successful G8
- Petrol bomb thrown over Belfast interface ignites beside four-year-old girl
- The Voice of Pomeroy raises the roof as Andrea Belgley pops home
- Bieber's car hits man in Hollywood
Latest Showbiz News
Apprentice hopeful 'nightmare date'
Apprentice candidate Alex Mills plays the role of a nightmare date - as a team leader steps down for the first time in the history of the BBC One show.
Bieber's car hits man in Hollywood
Los Angeles police have confirmed Justin Bieber struck a pedestrian with his car in Hollywood.
Helen Flanagan 'shaken' by break-in
Former Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan is recovering after a break-in at her home which left her "very shaken" but unharmed.
Latest Food and Drink News
UK 'a few days away' from food shortage
British people should eat less meat and retailers and food producers should be penalised for wasting food, according to a hard-hitting new report that warned the UK is “never more than a few days away” from a significant food shortage.
Historian claims to have published Coca Cola's 'secret formula' days after man tries to sell another variant on eBay for $5m
One man is threatening to lift the veil of secrecy that surrounds Coca Cola's 'secret formula' as he claims to publish a copy of the original recipe in a new book.
Unpalatable truth about sugar in our food
Are you unwittingly eating more sugar than is good for you?
Diners catching on to the pleasures of pairing beer with food
There may be more than 100 beers on offer at Tim Ferket's restaurant and an extensive menu of hearty Belgian cuisine, but he begins by offering me a glass of ale and a bowl of crisps.
Latest Motoring News
Volvo V40: Compact car, big heart
In marketing speak they are calling the 2013 model year Volvo V40 an estate, but think five-door hatchback and you’ll be closer to the initial showroom impression.
Cost of getting a licence is keeping young off the road
It costs young people in Northern Ireland on average £1,000 to obtain a driving licence, prompting fears they are being driven off the road.
Superb tops car owners' favourites
The aptly-named Skoda Superb is the car that owners are most satisfied with, according to a survey.
Video: Lamborghini shifts into top gear with Egoista concept car
As part of its 50th anniversary celebrations, Lamborghini unveiled a new concept car, the Egoista, on May 13.