January 28 2009
Most Read in this section
- Remembering Frederick MacNeice, man of faith and paragon of peace
- Belfast Telegraph man Alf McCreary's book goes behind the headlines
- Exploring Ireland's connection with Celtic Football Club
- Widow: I don't regret year of sex with 27 men
- Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James reveals real-life secrets to her readers
- Exorcism: Why does the Catholic church still try to drive out demons?
- Moriarty and Keyes show there can be more than one queen
- Eamon de Valera 'was a British spy'
- Hospice’s thanks to charity author
- Beckett Festival: Happy Days are here again
Latest Showbiz News
Nigella 'let children smoke weed' new
Nigella Lawson allegedly allowed her children to smoke cannabis, one of the personal assistants accused of defrauding the TV cook and Charles Saatchi has claimed.
Abbey: I'm Strictly hysterical new
Abbey Clancy said she is scared to the point of being "hysterical" that one of her dances will go wrong on this weekend's semi-final for Strictly Come Dancing.
X Factor mocked in musical spoof new
The audience at this weekend's X Factor final will see Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell mercilessly mocked as they get a sneak peak of the comedy musical poking fun at the show.
Latest Food and Drink News
Smoked salmon on mini wheaten scone with pickled cucumber, lemon and dill mayo
Fivemiletown goat’s cheese rolled in herbed almonds with apple relish
Honey chilli glazed chicken on pitta crisp with mint yoghurt
Video: Lisa Faulkner’s winter warming meatballs…with a twist
They're a winter favourite and can be the basis of many recipes, so watch our video for Lisa's twist on this classic dish
Latest Motoring News
Mercedes Benz CLA: Follow the three-pointed star
It's all a matter of personal taste of course but while, to my amazement, the guy who services my cars reckons the new Mercedes Benz CLA is one of the ugliest cars on the road, I think is easily the prettiest car to sport the magical three-pointed star in modern times.
Vauxhall’s new Mokka
When are car designers going to wise up to the sample fact that people are now big and getting bigger?
High five to the Mazda MX5
My first acquaintance with Mazda’s pert little MX5 roadster came in the depths of a Californian quarry, back in 1990.
Hydrogen cars 'on sale next year'
Cars that run on hydrogen and exhaust-only water vapour are emerging to challenge electric vehicles as the world's transportation of the future.