January 28 2009
Most Read in this section
- Exploring Ireland's connection with Celtic Football Club
- Belfast Telegraph man Alf McCreary's book goes behind the headlines
- Exorcism: Why does the Catholic church still try to drive out demons?
- Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James reveals real-life secrets to her readers
- Journalist Leona O'Neill pens the latest magical must-have
- Beckett Festival: Happy Days are here again
- Eamon de Valera 'was a British spy'
- Part one: The truth behind the Irish soldiers shot at dawn
- Final book a success as illness forces talented author to bow out
- Abandoned Work finds worthy voice through witty wordsmith Frank Skinner
Latest Showbiz News
Fearne Cotton announces engagement new
Fearne Cotton is set to wed her boyfriend Jesse Wood.
No tattoos, Beckham urges his boys new
David Beckham has revealed that his sons want to follow his lead by getting tattoos - but he has urged them not to.
Vegas rant at Comedy Awards new
Johnny Vegas created one of the outrageous moments at the British Comedy Awards by claiming some of the winners should not have won and that television stations have a lot to answer for.
Latest Food and Drink News
Smoked salmon on mini wheaten scone with pickled cucumber, lemon and dill mayo
Fivemiletown goat’s cheese rolled in herbed almonds with apple relish
Honey chilli glazed chicken on pitta crisp with mint yoghurt
Video: Lisa Faulkner’s winter warming meatballs…with a twist
They're a winter favourite and can be the basis of many recipes, so watch our video for Lisa's twist on this classic dish
Latest Motoring News
Mercedes Benz CLA: Follow the three-pointed star
It's all a matter of personal taste of course but while, to my amazement, the guy who services my cars reckons the new Mercedes Benz CLA is one of the ugliest cars on the road, I think is easily the prettiest car to sport the magical three-pointed star in modern times.
Vauxhall’s new Mokka
When are car designers going to wise up to the sample fact that people are now big and getting bigger?
High five to the Mazda MX5
My first acquaintance with Mazda’s pert little MX5 roadster came in the depths of a Californian quarry, back in 1990.
Hydrogen cars 'on sale next year'
Cars that run on hydrogen and exhaust-only water vapour are emerging to challenge electric vehicles as the world's transportation of the future.