It all began.... due to a local need for a larger Church and school Canon Harding approached Lord Arthur Hill about a plot of ground on the Cregagh Road.
The Select Vestry of Willowfield Parish gave its support and the ground was secured. The first building open on the site was Dromore Street Hall on Saturday 25 February 1911 to be used for Divine Worship for Parishioners residing on the South side of the Parish
Willowfield National School No 2 was opened officially on 5 April 1913. The school building consisted of two storeys, with 4 classrooms on each storey. The first Principal was Mr D. Moore
Canon Harding was rector of Willowfield Parish from 1900-1922, his interest in the welfare of children led to his last great work the building of Willowfield No2 after his death in 1922 the school was renamed- Harding Memorial Primary School in his Honour
The current school building remains as a 2 storey building and has 17 classrooms. The school is well equipped for the 21 Century with each pupil having use of an interactive whiteboard in their lessons.
To celebrate our Centenary the school is inviting all past pupils, teachers, friends and local community to join them at the May Fair on Saturday 18 May.