Historical Ulster: Rare images of Bangor from Belfast Telegraph archives
Most Read in this section
- Full list of those who died on Titanic - was your ancestor among the victims?
- A town is born; Four hundred years ago Belfast officially became a town and so began an unlikely success story
- Titanic: How did Captain Smith spend last moments
- In Pictures: Northern Ireland Troubles 1970
- Belfast Reflections: Belfast... My kinda town
- Historical Ulster: Shankill Road, from the Belfast Telegraph Archives
- The Industrial Revolution transformed Belfast, making it Ireland’s biggest city – and it all began with the port.
- Ulster in a time of war... rare Belfast Telegraph book discovered
- Belfast had harmonious beginnings but its history has been blighted by sectarian strife.
- Even the death and destruction of the Blitz and the Troubles couldn’t break Belfast’s spirit
Latest Showbiz News
Davis snookered in jungle vote-off new
Former snooker world champion Steve Davis has become the fifth person to be evicted from the I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! camp.
Jungle stars in pecking order trial new
Lucy Pargeter and David Emanuel had to decide the pec king order in the camp while avoiding the attentions of a couple of ostriches in the latest episode of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Bashir quits over anti-Palin gibe new
MSNBC TV host Martin Bashir resigned from the network today, nearly three weeks after making graphic remarks on the air about former Alaska governor Sarah Palin.
Latest Food and Drink News
Video: Lisa Faulkner’s winter warming meatballs…with a twist
They're a winter favourite and can be the basis of many recipes, so watch our video for Lisa's twist on this classic dish
Watch out Rudolph! Demand for reindeer at dinner tables strains Finland's stocks
Worried that they barely had enough animals to meet domestic demand, Finland's reindeer producers have refused a request from a German company for 100,000 beasts destined for the dinner table, saying there were not enough reindeer in Finland, the national broadcaster YLE reported on Sunday.
Ulster's biggest fry defeated as man tackles 34-piece monster meal
IT'S known as Goliath – and for good reason.
Claire McCollum loves cooking, so how did she cope when there was no food on the table for 24 hours?
I love food. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up. I've always had a fairly fast metabolism and need to eat little and often. So I've never been keen on diets. My thinking is that if I diet then I will focus more on what I'm not supposed to eat and want it even more! I try to eat the right things most of the time, but I am definitely a big fan of the odd treat, too!
Latest Motoring News
Vauxhall’s new Mokka
When are car designers going to wise up to the sample fact that people are now big and getting bigger?
High five to the Mazda MX5
My first acquaintance with Mazda’s pert little MX5 roadster came in the depths of a Californian quarry, back in 1990.
Hydrogen cars 'on sale next year'
Cars that run on hydrogen and exhaust-only water vapour are emerging to challenge electric vehicles as the world's transportation of the future.
Latest generation of Mini unveiled
Car giant BMW has finally taken the wraps off the eagerly-awaited new Mini.