Belfast Telegraph

Thursday 3 September 2015

Burn from firework will scar boy for life, says dad

Published 02/10/2006

AN Ulster father has said his teenage son will be scarred for life after a firework exploded in his pocket.

George Caskey was speaking after his son Ryan (15) was treated in hospital for burns to his legs after the incident at Glengormley High School on Friday.

Mr Caskey said his son thought the lit firework was a mobile phone ringing.

Ryan's clothes and mobile phone were damaged in the incident, which police in Newtownabbey are investigating.

Meanwhile, around 1,800 fireworks which were being sold illegally at a market in Co Fermanagh have been seized by police. 450 suspected counterfeit DVDs and CDs were also seized yesterday at Mullen Market, Enniskillen.

From the web

Sponsored Videos

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph