Do your bit for the Belfast Telegraph Christmas Appeal
Belfast Telegraph readers are being urged to come up with inspiring ideas to support our Christmas Appeal and help children here battling cancer.
The CLIC Sargent children’s charity need to raise £3.7m to build two Homes From Home centres, providing sanctuary after cancer treatment.
The Belfast Telegraph target is to raise £50,000 toward the total and so here are some festive fundraising ideas:
- Take part in a CLIC Sargent festive sweepstake. What will be the first Christmas song at your Christmas party?
- Make a Christmas cake and ask colleagues to guess how much it weighs in return for a donation.
- Ask colleagues to donate items for a hamper and then raffle it off to raise money.
- Have a Christmas dress down day — pay a donation to come to work or school in fancy dress.
- Hold a CLIC Sargent Secret Santa in your workplace — as well as a gift participants make a £5 donation to CLIC Sargent.
Some ways to donate:
- Visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/BelfastTelegraphChristmasAppeal
- Text CLIC04£ followed by the amount to 70070
- Post cheques, payable to CLIC Sargent, to CLIC Sargent, Belfast Telegraph Christmas Appeal, 31 Bruce Street, Belfast, BT2 7JD.
- Credit and debit card donations can be made on 028 9072 5780.