The husband of murdered Strabane woman Attracta Harron has spoken of his anger and disappointment that an appeal lodged by her killer has been further delayed.
Michael Harron was speaking after the Court of Appeal ruled that Trevor Hamilton's case would not be heard until the new year.
During the first stage of the appeal in Belfast yesterday it emerged that Hamilton's counsel has changed.
Philip Mooney, the QC in the original trial, has passed the case to Jim Gallagher QC because of illness.
Des Fahy, acting on behalf of the new defence counsel, said they were now reconsidering the basis of the appeal and requested time to familiarise themselves with the case.
Hamilton, who was not in court, received the longest ever sentence handed out in Northern Ireland for bludgeoning the retired librarian to death and burying her body in a shallow grave near his home in December 2003.
At that time he had been out of jail just two months after serving only half of his sentence for a vicious rape in 1999.
This prompted the Belfast Telegraph's Justice For Attracta Campaign to scrap 50% remission for sex offenders.
Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph after yesterday's session, Mr Harron said he wished to see a speedy conclusion.
He said: "We are disappointed that this is dragging on again. It looks like it won't be heard until the new year, that will be four years after she was abducted and murdered."
The appeal is to be reviewed on Friday, November 9 but a date for the full hearing is likely to be early in the new year.