Tips for parents on transfer tests
Published 10/09/2009 | 10:30
- Your child will have other chances in the future to develop skills and knowledge, so it's not the end of the world if they don't do as well as you hoped.
- Encourage your child in a calm and reassuring way, and avoid criticising their efforts or style of studying, for example revising with music on.
- If there are any topics your child finds difficult to grasp, send a note in with the child to the class teacher asking if they can go over this topic again.
- Understand moodiness and encourage your child to take breaks from revising, get plenty of sleep, eat properly and take time to have fun.
- Bribes aren’t the best way to help.