Belfast Telegraph

Home News Health

Another 13 operations halted in Northern Ireland, but crisis in A&E easing

By Staff Reporter

Two health trusts in Northern Ireland have postponed a further 13 non-urgent operations this week, as pressure on hospital A&E services continues.

The Health and Social Care Board confirmed yesterday that a further 11 elective procedures in the Belfast Trust area and two in the Western Health Trust area had been postponed.

"This compares to 179 non-urgent inpatient and day-case elective procedures postponed last week across trusts," a spokesperson said.

The Health and Social Care Board said it is continuing to monitor developments across Northern Ireland's five health trust areas.

"No patients waited longer than 12 hours at any emergency department in Northern Ireland at 9am on Saturday or Sunday," the spokesperson added.

"Three patients were waiting longer than 12 hours this morning and, whilst this is regrettable, the overall position has significantly improved compared to the start of last week."

All Northern Ireland's health trusts are keeping the situation under daily review.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph