Good news for Oscar Knox, but brave tot faces more tests
Just seven months ago Oscar Knox was critically ill in a US hospital, his parents fearful of what the future held.
But now his family has received some welcome news about the youngster's health as he continues his battle.
The four-year-old Mallusk boy's brave fight with neuroblastoma, an aggressive form of cancer, has captured the hearts of tens of thousands of people across Northern Ireland.
On Thursday there was cause for celebration when it was announced on The Oscar Knox Appeal Facebook page the results of an MIBG scan – used to look for uncontrolled or abnormal cell growth in the body – had revealed "no signs of any cancer activity".
On Sunday night, Oscar's father Stephen told the Belfast Telegraph that while the result was "brilliant news" the Facebook post had caused a "little confusion" among supporters of their young son.
He said many assumed the little boy had been given the all-clear, which is not the case, as the MIBG scan result is only one result in a series of tests and post-treatment assessments he is now undergoing.
The latest big fundraising event for The Oscar Knox Appeal takes place on May 14 at Belfast City Hall.
Fearless, the first professional boxing show to be held in the landmark building, will see Belfast boxer Kevin O'Hara face Dubliner Noel O'Brien for the Irish light-welterweight title.
"It's going to be a great night," dad Steven said. "The last few tickets can be purchased from the Belfast Welcome Centre."