Belfast Telegraph

Saturday 20 September 2014

Gas fire at Belfast's Royal Hospital

Part of the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast was evacuated today after a gas cylinder caught fire.

A number of patients and staff were moved during the incident which happened at the site where a new critical care unit is being built.



The fire service said the fire is now out and officers were trying to cool the cylinder down.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz