Asbestos has been found by contractors repairing a public swimming pool in Belfast.
The material was discovered at the Avoniel Leisure Centre in the east of the city.
Belfast City Council, which operates the facility, has insisted there was a "minimal risk" to the public.
A spokesman said the asbestos was found in the part of the centre which houses the pool in an area inaccessible to the public.
He said the area had been sealed off while it is being removed. That process is expected to take a number of weeks.
"Given the nature and location of the material involved the indications are that the risk is minimal," said the spokesman.
"However more detailed surveys and air tests are being conducted as a precautionary measure.
"Air samples taken today show that it is safe to continue to use other parts of the leisure centre. All facilities other than the pool will remain open for business as usual."
Any member of the public with any concerns should contact the council's Environmental Health Service on 028 9027 0428.