Belfast Telegraph

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Chelsea ace Lampard and Christine Bleakley rumoured to be moving to LA

Frank Lampard has been linked with a move to LA Galaxy. The Chelsea midfielder and Christine Bleakley are set to marry this summer

Northern Ireland presenter Christine Bleakley and her footballer fiancé Frank Lampard are planning to relocate to Los Angeles after their wedding this summer, it is being reported.

Out of favour Chelsea player Lampard is rumoured to be following Robbie Keane and David Beckham to LA Galaxy, while Christine is hoping her experience on prime time UK TV will land her a presenting role Stateside.



The couple - who got engaged in Los Angeles last summer - are said to love the American way of life and have got tired of media scrutiny and criticisms in the UK press. They are set to head to American for a spring break where they will have meetings to discuss opportunities for both of them.



“They love LA and the trip in May is about testing the water to see if they could make it their home. They are very open to the idea,” says a friend.



Bleakley was axed from ITV’s Daytime breakfast show last year after poor ratings, and had been hoping her new job as co-host of Dancing On Ice would give her a chance to shine.



But so far the show is leaving some viewers and critics cold.



The 32-year-old found herself trending on Twitter after her first night, as members of the public took to the social networking site to label her "wooden", "rigid" and "dull", with one user saying: "She puts the bleak in Bleakley."



Many of the more personal comments referred to her Northern Irish accent, and some sections of the press were equally unkind, with one tabloid critic branding her "thin and over-dressed".



Bleakley pulled out of a scheduled appearance on the Late Late Show two weeks ago citing a bout of food poisoning as the reason.



She and Lampard are set to wed this summer and looked at possible venues in Northern Ireland. Lampard’s contract with Chelsea expires next year, but with the player no longer being Chelsea’s first choice midfielder, the 33-year-old is said to have spoken with David Beckham about the possibility of making the move to LA Galaxy.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz