The incident happened on Saturday afternoon at a farm near Keady.
The man was rushed to Craigavon Area Hospital where he is recovering and in a stable condition.
A Health and Safety Executive spokesperson confirmed it was investigating the incident.
The effects of the poisonous gases released when slurry is mixed can be fatal. A high concentration of hydrogen sulphide disrupts the sense of smell, causing difficulty in breathing, then disorientation. After only a few breaths, collapse and death can follow.
In June, eight year-old Robert Christie tragically died after being overcome by slurry fumes while helping his dad on a Dunloy farm.
In June last year, Ulster Rugby Player Nevin Spence, his father Noel and brother Graham all died as a result of inhaling fumes on their farm in Co Down.
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? firstname.lastname@example.org