Belfast Telegraph

Friday 24 October 2014

In memory of Neil and Aaron, 300 gas alarms

The parents of a schoolboy who died from carbon monoxide poisoning have donated 300 detectors to a Belfast charity.

Catherine McFerran and her husband Johnny delivered the units to The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents office yesterday.

The couple said they hoped the donation would help tackle the problem of the so called 'silent killer' that took their son's and his friend's life.

Neil McFerran and Aaron Davidson, both 18, were found dead at a holiday home in Castlerock in August 2010.

Mrs McFerran said they were trying to raise further awareness of the problem.

Nina Daly, of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust, revealed that the trust is organising workshops on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

"We thought we should hook up with RoSPA to help provide training - especially for the migrant population and for older people," she said.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Nightlife Galleries

More

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz