The search for a man swept out to see off the north Antrim coast has been put on hold for a second day due to increasingly stormy conditions.
Police and Coastguard teams resumed their extensive search for a man missing in the sea off Ramore Head in Portrush earlier on Sunday.
The 38-year-old is thought to have been swept off the rocks by a wave at around 4.25pm on Saturday.
An air and sea search had been called off at around 8pm last night due to poor light.
Crews restarted their search on Sunday, however it has now been called off for the day after police said increasingly stormy conditions had made it too dangerous for crews to continue.
"Storm force winds have made conditions too dangerous for police and coastguard crews to continue searching for a man swept into the water at Ramore Head on Saturday afternoon," a police spokesman said.
"The conditions will be continuously reviewed with a view to recommencing the search as soon as it is safe and practical to do so."
Meanwhile, in Portstewart yesterday a 45-year-old man was rescued from the sea by Coastguard
helicopter after going into the sea at the harbour at around 6.15pm.
He was taken to hospital where his condition is thought to be critical.
Police warned some members of the public at Ramore have placed themselves in significant danger by entering the water or attempting to search independently of police and coastguard crews.
A spokesman said: "Police understand that people want to help however we would ask that for their own safety members of the public allow only properly trained and equipped police and coastguard personnel to conduct the search.
"Deteriorating weather and sea conditions mean that the search environment is extremely challenging and police do not want to see anyone put at risk.
"Any properly trained and equipped volunteers who have already attended should make contact with police at the scene prior to attempting any kind of search activity themselves."