The Parades Commission has barred an Orange Order parade from marching along a contentious part of north Belfast's Crumlin Road.
Severe violence occurred in the Woodvale and Ardoyne area after the parade was stopped from returning last year, along with a year-long stand-off between loyalists and police, the establishment of a protest camp and nightly marches.
The ruling on this year's march comes after a new round of talks between the five parties in the powersharing executive began to address the issues of parading, flags and the past.
Following this morning's decision, the DUP and UUP said they would be leaving the talks.
SDLP North Belfast assembly member Alban Maginness welcomed Thursday's decision.
"This is a sensible decision from the Parades Commission and reflects the relentless willingness of residents in Ardoyne to reach an agreement on this parade with the Orange Order and their neighbours in Twaddell and Woodvale," he said.
"Whilst no agreement could be reached on parades for this Twelfth I hope that open dialogue with all interested parties and groups will continue in the weeks and months ahead so that we can find a local solution that benefits the people who live and work in this area."
Last night four Pride of Ardoyne bandsmen summoned to a police station for questioning about their participation in protests at the Twaddell interface over the banned return leg of last year's 12th of July parade.
Scores of people lined the streets, some carrying Union flags and others wearing their Orange Order collarettes.
At one point the crowd staged a white-line protest and the road was blocked off by police.
It is understood the bandsmen went to the station voluntarily after police contacted the Pride of Ardoyne band following the viewing of CCTV footage.