Belfast Telegraph

Saturday 23 August 2014

Suspect 'admitted hitting Chinese man'

A man has appeared in court charged with an attack on a Chinese man in Coleraine.

Patrick Nalty (28), from Claragh Hill Park in Kilrea, was charged with assault causing actual bodily harm at the town’s Magistrates Court.

John Wu (45) was attacked outside his Long Commons home on Tuesday. A PSNI officer told the court that during a police interview Nalty admitted to being in the the street with a group of friends at the time of the assault.

The accused said they had been drinking a considerable amount of alcohol, the court heard.

The officer said that Nalty had admitted hitting Mr Wu once in the face before running away.

Nalty confirmed that he understood the charge, but did not enter a plea. He was released on bail to appear in court on October 15.

Two other men, aged 20 and 24, and a woman, aged 19, have been released on bail.

Nightlife Galleries

More

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz