A sixteen-year-old boy, a riot "spectator" and an “idiotic drunk” from Glasgow have all been refused bail after they appeared at a special court sitting to face charges linked to loyalist rioting in Belfast.
They were among 10 people who appeared at Laganside Court after violence broke out on July 12 and 13.
Eight were remanded in custody, one pleaded guilty and one other was released on court bail.
Stormont's Justice Minister David Ford had warned rioters they would face a judge within hours of arrest.
At Sunday’s emergency sitting, James Moore from Westland Drive in west Belfast was charged with riotous behaviour and attempted criminal damage.
Deputy District Judge Peter King heard the 29-year-old made a full admission to police after being shown CCTV and television footage of the riots by police.
The court heard Moore had been caught jumping on top of the bonnet of a police Land Rover.
He had also been jumping and kicking at a police line and attempted to damage a wing mirror of the vehicle. His face was concealed with a Northern Ireland flag.
A solicitor said he admitted during a police interview to having “too much to drink” and was “just being stupid”.
He was refused bail and remanded in custody to reappear on July 30 via video-link.
David Robert Maxwell from Muirhead, Stonehouse in Glasgow was also charged with behaviour likely to cause breach of the peace.
He was arrested by police after wearing a Rangers football top and walking close to the nationalist Short Strand area three times during the unrest.
The court heard how he was “attracting the attention” of residents in Short Strand.
Mr King said the police had more on their minds that night than looking after an “idiotic drunk”. He was fined £365.
A 17-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also appeared in court charged separately with riotous assembly in east Belfast.
The girl is accused of throwing a glass at a police officer.
Both were refused bail.
Dennis Gregg McClean from Johnson Park, Carrowdore in Newtownards faced five charges including riotous assembly, intent to breach the peace and possession of a weapon, including masonary.
The 32-year-old was remanded in custody and will reappear on July 30.
Stephen Hughes, from Ballynure Road, Ballyclare also faced three charges linked to the disturbances in Belfast, including assault.
Mr Hughes, (36) claims he was sitting on a wall and watching the disturbances and was not involved in the violence.
Commenting to Mr Hughes’ solicitor, Mr King said: “So not only is there recreational rioting but now rioting for spectators?”
The 36-year-old was refused bail.