Belfast Telegraph

Thursday 31 July 2014

Union flag protest suspects - Northern Ireland police release 15 photos

The PSNI has released another set of pictures of people they are keen to speak to as part of the Operation Dulcet against illegal Union flag protests, writes Claire McNeilly

PACEMAKER BELFAST   10/04/2013
PSNI Have issued 15 more images of people they would like to speak to in relation to illegal loyalist flag protests
PACEMAKER BELFAST 10/04/2013 PSNI Have issued 15 more images of people they would like to speak to in relation to illegal loyalist flag protests
PACEMAKER BELFAST   10/04/2013
PSNI Have issued 15 more images of people they would like to speak to in relation to illegal loyalist flag protests
PACEMAKER BELFAST 10/04/2013 PSNI Have issued 15 more images of people they would like to speak to in relation to illegal loyalist flag protests
PACEMAKER BELFAST   10/04/2013
PSNI Have issued 15 more images of people they would like to speak to in relation to illegal loyalist flag protests
PACEMAKER BELFAST 10/04/2013 PSNI Have issued 15 more images of people they would like to speak to in relation to illegal loyalist flag protests

The 15 photos have been made public to help police with their enquiries into incidents in the east Belfast and Glengormley areas.

Operation Dulcet was established following the Union flag protests to identify and bring before the courts those who have been involved in violence or unlawful protests.

Loyalists have been protesting since Belfast City Council's decision to restrict the number of days the Union flag can be flown over City Hall.

To date, 231 people have been arrested as part of the investigation. A total of 177 people have been charged and 64 people have been reported to the Public Prosecution Service.

Detective Superintendent Sean Wright said the investigation has received strong public support.

“We have released a number of images so far and we have had a very positive response from members of the public to date,” he said.

“There are people out there who will know the identity of these 15 people who I am looking to speak to and I am confident
that those people will come forward with that information.

“It is vital that we all send out a message to those involved in public disorder that such behaviour will not be tolerated.

“Those who break the law must face consequences.”

He added: “I would ask anyone who believes one of the images is of them to contact us immediately in order to help us with our enquiries.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact detectives at the Major Incident Room on 028 90 901775 from 9am to 10pm daily, or call 0800 555 111to speak anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers

Nightlife Galleries

More

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz