Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Man dies after stabbing attack

A 45-year-old man has died after being stabbed in an incident in Dublin

A man has died after being repeatedly stabbed during an incident in Dublin's north inner city, gardai have said.

The 45-year-old victim had been fighting for his life in hospital since the attack on the North Strand at around 10.45pm last night.

He was being treated at the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital after being stabbed by another man.

But he was pronounced dead this morning, said investigating officers.

They have appealed for anyone with information or anyone who was in the area of the North Strand between 10.15pm and 10.45pm last night to contact them.

An incident room has been set up at Mountjoy Garda Station.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz