Belfast Telegraph

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Stun gun accused held in custody

A man charged with possession of a stun gun following a police |operation in west Belfast has been remanded in custody.

Sean Carlin (29) was arrested after surrendering himself voluntarily to officers, a judge was told.

A detective claimed the weapon was found during a planned search of Carlin's home at Oakman Street in the city late last month. Opposing bail, the officer told Belfast Magistrates Court yesterday he could connect the accused with the charge.

He said that a number of items were found at the address, including combat jackets.

However, defence solicitor Leo Morrison stressed that his client is only accused of one offence.

Carlin has been charged with possession of a prohibited stun gun designed or adapted for the discharge of electricity or any noxious liquid, gas or other thing.

The alleged weapon can also be used as a torch, the court heard.

Mr Morrison said: “During |interview Mr Carlin said to officers he had nothing to do with this item.”

Carlin was remanded in custody to appear again next month.

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz