Belfast Telegraph

Monday 28 July 2014

Dead man was infected with measles

The measles epidemic in the greater Swansea area has so far seen more than 800 people infected

A man who died from a suspected case of measles was infected with the disease at the time of his death, health officials said.

Laboratory tests confirmed that the 25-year-old man from Swansea, who died on Thursday, was infected with the highly contagious disease, Public Health Wales (PHW) said.

The man, named locally as Gareth Williams, 25, of Port Tennant, Swansea, is believed to have been the first victim of the epidemic which is sweeping south Wales.

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz