Five people have been taken to hospital after an electrical fire which forced the evacuation of a block of flats.
West Midlands Ambulance Service said 29 other people were assessed after the blaze in the Longbridge area of Birmingham but did not require any further treatment.
The fire at the eight-storey block in Stokesay Grove was discovered at 2.20am on Tuesday and five ambulances were sent to the scene, along with a hazardous area response team.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "When crews arrived they found a block of flats that was severely smoke-logged.
"The fire had knocked out power to the whole building and there was only emergency lighting on.
"Firefighters led a number of residents from the building where ambulance staff started assessing them for smoke inhalation and levels of carbon monoxide."
The spokesman said a nearby community hall was used as a rest centre due to the large number of people forced to leave their homes.
The spokesman added: "Three adults - two women and a man - and two young children were taken to City, Birmingham Children's and the new Queen Elizabeth Hospitals.
"A total of 29 others were assessed at the rest centre but did not require any further treatment. Up to another 20 refused assessment, saying they hadn't been affected."
It is believed that at least six people are to be rehoused following the fire, due to the damage to their property.