Belfast Telegraph

Thursday 21 August 2014

Four held in attack murder probe

The arrests were made in the Barnsley and Doncaster areas of South Yorkshire

Four people have been arrested in connection with the murder of a 57-year-old man who was attacked by a gang.

The victim, who has not been named, died in hospital on Sunday following an incident in the Thorpe area of Leeds on Saturday, West Yorkshire Police said.

A spokesman said a 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder along with a woman, aged 37, and two 16-year-old boys.

The arrests were made in the Barnsley and Doncaster areas of South Yorkshire.

"Each remain in custody and inquiries are ongoing," the spokesman said.

The force said reports were received at 7.23pm on Saturday of a disturbance at premises in Middleton Lane, Thorpe, a village on the southern edge of Leeds

It said a man had been seriously assaulted by a number of men who arrived in a vehicle.

The injured man was taken to Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield before being transferred to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment to head injuries. He died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz