Thousands of people who attempted to buy tickets to the London 2012 Olympics for a second time were left disappointed after their applications were rejected.
Some 150,000 people applied for 2.3m tickets released on a first come, first served basis on Friday, exclusively for those who missed out in the first round. Roughly 15,000 of those applicants were told that their applications were unsuccessful, with many expressing anger at the ticketing system for allowing them to book tickets for events which had already sold out.
The London 2012 chairman Lord Coe accepted there was disappointment among people who have been unsuccessful since the second sale began on Friday at 6am. "We will continue to do everything we can to get them to the Games," he said.
One applicant, Andy Pritchard, from Bangor, told the BBC: "I was on the application website bang on 6am on Friday to make my application. As they were supposedly first come, first served, I had some confidence that I had been successful.
"But today I received an email saying I had been unsuccessful in my application, which I found galling."