Belfast Telegraph

Sunday 26 October 2014

Two hurt as lightning strikes house

Two women were taken to hospital after a house was struck by lightning, a fire service says

Two women were taken to hospital after a house was struck by lightning, a fire service has said.

A bedroom collapsed and part of the roof was damaged at the property in Newark, Nottinghamshire.

The lightning strike also caused a small fire after it spread through electrical fittings at the house in Robert Dukeson Avenue.

Two appliances were sent to the property on Friday night, a spokeswoman for Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue said, but the blaze was out when crews arrived.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to make the property safe, she added.

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz