Belfast Telegraph

Saturday 25 October 2014

Wendy-Ann Russell

A report of the inquest into the death of Wendy-Ann Russell published in the Belfast Telegraph stated incorrectly that she died of an accidental morphine overdose ('Mother died after accidental morphine overdose', November 3).







In fact, the Coroner, Brian Sherrard, found that Mrs Russell's death was due to the cumulative effect of drugs prescribed to her over a long period of time. There was no suggestion that Mrs Russell had taken any more medication than had been prescribed.

We apologise to Mrs Russell's family for the distress caused by our inaccurate report.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz