Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 6 October 2015

North Belfast shooting victim stable

By Lesley-Anne Henry

Published 10/12/2007

A 28-year-old man was in a stable condition in hospital last night after being shot in the head and back.

He was walking in the Ligoniel area of north Belfast shortly before 8.40pm when he was shot twice.

It was not known whether or not the attack was sectarian.

A PSNI spokeswoman said last night they were trying to establish a motive.

The man was rushed to the Royal Victoria Hospital for emergency treatment. An RVH spokeswoman confirmed he was in a stable condition.

It is understood the man was approached by the occupants of a dark coloured car and shot.

A PSNI spokeswoman has said the police investigation was ongoing and appealed for anyone who may have seen the shooting to contact detectives.

Belfast Lord Mayor Jim Rodgers described the incident as a "concerning and worrying development".

He said: "As Lord Mayor of Belfast I want to see our city free from any attacks.

"I condemn unreservedly the attack.

"Most of us thought that the gun had been taken out of our society."

From the web

Sponsored Videos

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph