Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

12 treated in hospital after Londonderry gas leak

Published 27/07/2015

Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry
Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry

Twelve people were examined in hospital after a gas leak in Londonderry.

The one man and 11 women were assessed in Altnagelvin hospital after the incident in the Spencer Road area.

The carbon monoxide leak was caused by an electrical fire on an underground cable.

Police and firefighters attended the scene and a number of properties were evacuated.

No one was badly injured.

Nine of the 12 people who attended hospital were discharged before 5pm with the remaining one man and two women expected to leave hospital this evening.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph