Belfast Telegraph

Baby saved after gas heater blaze

An eight-week-old baby escaped serious injury after a heating appliance caught fire in his home.

The child and his mother were rushed to hospital after the fire started accidentally in their home in Melrose Street, Belfast.

It is understood the boy was taken to the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, suffering from smoke inhalation and minor burns.

His mother was uninjured.

Fire crews were called to the house at 12.50pm yesterday after a free-standing gas heater caught fire.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph